If you’re interested in finding out what the marketing coordinator job description entails, then you’ve come to the right place! We’ll walk you through this position’s duties and responsibilities. Read on to learn more about what this position entails, and how to get started on your own career as a marketing coordinator!
What is a Marketing Coordinator?
Professionals that organize all of an organization’s marketing efforts and initiatives are known as marketing coordinators. A marketing coordinator’s primary role is to oversee the execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives within their company or organization. Most marketing coordinators are full-time employees of their employer, but some may be contractors or freelancers hired on a project-by-project basis. Marketing coordinators generally require at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field; however, in some fields such as sports or entertainment, a master’s degree may be necessary to advance to the position of marketing coordinator or higher.
Job Description of Marketing Coordinator – Template
If you don’t know how to write a job description for Marketing Coordinator, here is a sample for you –
[Company] is a top organization in [industry] in the [city/country]. We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Coordinator to assist us to continue to expand. If you’re devoted and hardworking, our company is a good fit for you. We have established a positive work culture to increase our employee’s happiness and the productivity of the employees. We practice exciting team building activities to ensure a good relationship among the employees.
Job Responsibilities for Marketing Coordinator
As a marketing coordinator, your primary job is to oversee the execution of marketing campaigns and initiatives within the organization. Here is the list of the day-to-day job description as a marketing coordinator –
- Planning, executing and tracking marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing.
- Conduct market research to learn more about your consumers’ behaviors (e.g. purchasing habits, trends and preferences)
- Coordinate email marketing campaigns for products, events, or content, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database administration.
- Produce promotional materials in collaboration with the design department.
- Facilitate the creation and management of content and social media marketing campaigns, such as blogs, public relations activities etc.
- Analyze critical parameters and create detailed reports to continuously evaluate and monitor marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing sales data and submit them to the marketing manager.
- Prepare forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Plan promotional events for new products and services.
Education and Experience
- Graduation/Post-graduation in marketing, advertising, or communications.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience.
- Candidates must have experience working in the marketing department.
Skills & Qualifications
- Candidates must have good knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Proficiency in research using data analytics software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills with others both verbally and in writing.
- Any professional degree and expertise in digital marketing and graphic design may give an edge over candidates who don’t have those skills.
- It is preferred if the candidate is familiar with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- HTML and design skills, as well as email software, are preferred.
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary: Market Competitive
- Festival Bonus: Two
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Provident fund and Gratuity
- Lunch: Fully subsidize
- Transport and medical allowance are available
- Mobile bill, TA/DA
- Medical insurance facility